When I was a kid, I enjoyed playing soccer, watching tv, laughing and hanging out with family and friends, like any other child. The future was something very far away, and I don´t remember thinking much about it. What I do remember is that I always liked learning new things, like playing chess or knowing the capitals and the flags of the countries.
When I had to decide what to study, it was very difficult, because in my last 4 years in school, I wanted to be many things, like engineer, lawyer, even musician. Those years were important to me because I experienced a lot of stuff, and that allowed me to star a new stage in my life.
My parents always thought that I would study a "scientific" career, due to my mathematical qualities, but for me, math and "hards Sciences" were something empty, soulless. I knew that something with history or philosopy would like me, for the kind of knowledge.
Then I started to search something with those characteristics, and I found anthropolgy, a mix of history, social science, and biology. It was fine, but not one hundred percent, until one day I had an epiphany: with my best friends we were to see a play about the Diaguita culture and showed how his legacy is forgotten, that made me say, yes, i want to study anthropology.
My first year was fine, I met some people with interest very similar to mine.
I hope that when I finish studyng I can travel and get to know remote places, people with differents cultures, document everything and get paid for it haha...
Then I started to search something with those characteristics, and I found anthropolgy, a mix of history, social science, and biology. It was fine, but not one hundred percent, until one day I had an epiphany: with my best friends we were to see a play about the Diaguita culture and showed how his legacy is forgotten, that made me say, yes, i want to study anthropology.
My first year was fine, I met some people with interest very similar to mine.
I hope that when I finish studyng I can travel and get to know remote places, people with differents cultures, document everything and get paid for it haha...
wow, it is an interesting way to find your vocation, i hope that you can do anything you have in mind, travel and learn about different cultures to share and know more about what I study is my dream too.
ResponderEliminarmy IG is @chuchularral and also I have one where I sell handmade accesories, that one is @desvestido_
EliminarHi! I find the way you decided to study anthropology very interesting, I hope it really is your vocation!
ResponderEliminarThe same thing happened to me, my parents also wanted me to study a scientific career, but I am very passionate about what I decided. My GI is @Javivi_por_el_mundo in case you want to chat
ResponderEliminar