Meditation could be a perfect way to find inner peace, slow down the pace of the mind or just relax.
Ancient monks did it thousands of years ago on the vast mountains of Tibet. Nowadays it's common in great part of the population, especially one those who has been tired of the materialism and the individualism of this world, looking for a spiritual background to find some meaning of sense to the fact to be alive.
In my opinion, when meditation is understood from scientific perspective, as in the video, it loses its magic and essence, because it's something beyond the science, deeper than any study. When I say this, I do not deny the neurological scope that it can have, but from my perspective, the main point must focus on spirit and consciousness, both terms that in past Science called “metaphysics”.
I meditate since 2017, at that time I had a friend who practiced Buddhism, and one day he invited me to a meeting with a Rinpoche monk on the beach. He was the type of monk that we see on television or in movies, with shaved head and typical orange monk robes. I well remember the energy and the wisdom that he transmitted, especially when he said the mantras for meditation. That was beautiful and powerful because it was a collective meditation, and everyone there was willing to learn from Rinpoche, even when we didn't speak the same language. He communicated with us through a translator. That was my first deep encounter with meditation.
When I suggest meditation as a solution to cure personal and emotional problems, people tell me that it is not that easy, and obviously I understand, it is not just about sitting, closing your eyes and taking deep breaths, even more when they have never done it before. Like everything, it requires technique and practice. At first I didn't feel the “effects” of meditation, but I started to notice that my sleep was improving and therefore I say: in somehow works. Then when I started to meditate frequently, I started to feel a little weightless in my head, especially above my eyes, and I felt that my body had disappeared.
Nowadays, when we are locked up in our houses, with all this strange and uncertain environment, some old problems have returned, and it is even more difficult when you cannot go out to clear your mind and change the air. In these circumstances, meditation has been my best friend, finding myself to maintain balance in my life.
I like the way this class has been developed, because it allow us to adapt the works to our time, but we are still learning, that's great.

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario